Chinese Numbers and Colors
1. What did people in Ancient China consider to be the luckiest number?
2. Which lucky number is associated with dragons and the emperor?
3. Why is the number five considered a lucky number?
a. Because it sounds like the word for prosper
b. Because of the five elements of Chinese philosophy
c. Because it is the number of the dragon
d. Because there are five sides to a golden coin
e. The number five is not a lucky number
4. What Ancient Chinese religion is the number three closely associated with?
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
5. Why is the number four considered unlucky?
a. Because of the four directions: north, south, east, and west.
b. Because the fourth son of the first emperor had him assassinated
c. Because it sounds like the word for death
d. Because there are four levels of the underworld
e. Because of the four evil emperors
6. What was the most unlucky number to the Ancient Chinese?
7. What color was reserved specifically for the Chinese emperor and his family?
8. Which of the five elements did the color black represent?
9. Which color represented happiness and good luck, and success?
10. Which color was not considered lucky and was generally worn for funerals and morning in Ancient China?
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Chinese Numbers and Colors page at /history/china/chinese_numbers_colors.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.