Aztec Empire - Tenochtitlan
1. Tenochtitlan was the capital city of what Empire?
a. Maya Empire
b. Inca Empire
c. Spanish Empire
d. Aztec Empire
e. Mexican Empire
2. What lake was Tenochtitlan located in the center of?
a. Lake Erie
b. Lake Texcoco
c. Lake Victoria
d. Aztec Lake
e. Lake Titicaca
3. What feature worked as a natural defense against the enemies of the Aztecs?
4. What did the people of Tenochtitlan use for transportation in and around the city?
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
5. What was the tallest building in the city?
a. The emperor's palace
b. The public school
c. The pyramid temple to the gods
d. The capital building
e. The priest's quarters
6. When was the Aztec city of Tenochtitlan founded?
a. 200 BCE
b. 620 CE
c. 980 CE
d. 1325 CE
e. 1942 CE
7. What sign did the priests see that caused the Aztecs to choose the spot to build their city?
a. A wolf and a rabbit standing next to each other
b. An eagle holding a snake standing on a cactus
c. A tall tree surrounded by flowers
d. A snake riding on the back of a bobcat
e. A cloud in the shape of an arrow
8. What modern-day city is located on the site of the ancient city of Tenochtitlan?
e. Mexico City
9. What did the Aztecs build in order to carry fresh water into the city?
a. Water trucks
b. Underground plumbing
e. The Aztecs did not have fresh water
10. What public building was built in the city center?
a. The Templo Mayor
b. An Ullama court
d. Priest's quarters
e. All of the above
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Aztec Empire - Tenochtitlan page at www.ducksters.com/history/aztec_empire/tenochtitlan.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.