Aztec Empire - Society
1. Who arranged marriages in Aztec society?
a. The parents
b. The government
c. People married who they wanted to
e. The emperor
2. What was the 'calpulli'?
a. The highest social class in Aztec society
b. A group of families like a tribe or a clan
c. A large city and surrounding area
d. The lowest social class in Aztec society
e. A person who arranged marriages
3. Which class of Aztec society included the common people such as farmers and warriors?
4. Which class of Aztec society included the nobility who worked as priests or in the government?
5. Which class of Aztec society were owned by their masters?
6. Which class of Aztec society included high ranking merchants who brought back luxury goods from far away places?
7. What did the Aztecs call their ruler or emperor?
c. Huey Tlatoani
8. What rights did slaves have in Aztec society?
a. They could buy their freedom
b. They could not be mistreated by their masters
c. They could not be sold unless they agreed to it
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
9. True or False: Only people from the noble class were allowed to wear certain clothes including gold and feathers.
10. Who did the Aztec city-states have to pay tribute to?
a. The Aztec gods
b. Aztec Emperor
c. The chief priest
d. Mayan Emperor
e. No one
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Aztec Empire - Society page at www.ducksters.com/history/aztec_empire/society.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.