Daily Life in Ancient Rome
1. What type of job did most of the people in the countryside have?
2. What was the big meal of the day for the Romans?
e. Late night snack
3. Roman boys began formal schooling at about what age?
4. In a typical Roman family, what was a typical job for the wife?
a. She would work in the government
b. She would be an entertainer at the theatre
c. She managed the household and finances
d. She made various crafts such as pots and plates
e. She would sit around the house and do nothing
5. If a poor person of the lower class wanted to raise their status in the Roman culture, what kind of job would likely help them?
6. How did the Romans typically eat dinner?
a. Sitting down using forks and spoons
b. Lying on their sides using their hands
c. Standing up using their hands
d. Sitting on the floor using chopsticks
e. Sitting on a chair with a table using their hands
7. What type of clothing did Roman citizens wear while out in public?
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
8. True or false: The mother was the head of the Roman family unit and had all the power.
9. About what time in the day did the Romans start their dinner?
b. 3:00 PM
c. 5:00 PM
d. 7:00 PM
e. 10:00 PM
10. What color was the toga that most people wore out in public on a typical day?
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Daily Life in Ancient Rome page at /history/ancient_rome_food_daily_life.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.