Fall of Rome
Questions on this quiz are based on information from
Fall of Rome.
1. Under which Roman emperor did the Roman Empire reach its peak?
2. Around how long was Rome the major power in Europe and around the Mediterranean Sea?
a. 100 years
b. 200 years
c. 400 years
d. 500 years
e. 1000 years
3. When the Roman Empire was split into two separate empires, what city was the capital of the Eastern Roman Empire?
4. What is the common name for the Eastern Roman Empire?
a. Byzantium Empire
b. Ottoman Empire
c. Persian Empire
5. Which group of barbarians sacked Rom in 410 AD signaling the start of the fall of Rome?
6. What caused Rome to decline and eventually fall?
a. Corrupt politicians and civil wars within the empire
b. The empire became too large to govern
c. Barbarian tribes such as the Franks and Vandals began to attack many Roman cities including Rome itself
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
7. What period of history began after the fall of Rome?
a. The Dark Ages
b. The Renaissance
c. The Industrial Revolution
d. The Scientific Revolution
e. The Information Age
8. What year is considered to be the end of the Western Roman Empire and the fall of Rome?
a. 117 AD
b. 347 AD
c. 410 AD
d. 476 AD
e. 614 AD
9. True or False: The Fall of Rome happened very quickly in a matter of a few years.
10. Who was Odoacer?
a. The last emperor of Rome
b. The Roman Emperor who decided to split the empire into two more manageable empires
c. The barbarian who overthrew the last emperor of Rome and brought an end to the Roman Empire
d. The leader and general of the Huns
e. King of the Vandals
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Fall of Rome page at /history/ancient_rome/fall_of_rome.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.