Ancient Greece - Geography
1. Which type of landscape best describes much of the region of Ancient Greece?
e. None of the above
2. In what continent is Greece located?
b. South America
3. What sea is located along the eastern coast of Greece?
a. Red Sea
b. Arabian Sea
c. Aegean Sea
d. Black Sea
e. Bering Sea
4. Where did the Ancient Greeks believe the Twelve Olympian gods lived?
a. Ionian Sea
b. Island of Crete
d. Mount Olympus
5. What are the Cyclades and the Dodecanese?
b. Groups of Islands
d. Mountain Ranges
e. Regions of Ancient Greece
6. Which of the following best describes the climate in Greece?
a. Cold all year round
b. Cool summers and mild winters
c. Hot summers and mild winters
d. Mild summers and freezing winters
e. Cool summers and hot winters
7. What geographical feature formed natural borders between the city-states of Ancient Greece?
8. What large peninsula at the southern tip of Greece was home to Sparta and Corinth?
9. What word did the Ancient Greeks use to describe their land?
10. What mountain range is nicknamed the 'spine of Greece.'
a. Andes Mountains
b. Rocky Mountains
d. Ural Mountains
e. Pindus Mountains
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Ancient Greece - Geography page at /history/ancient_greece/geography.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.