Ancient Egypt - Middle Kingdom
1. What Egyptian pharaoh united Egypt and began the Middle Kingdom period?
a. Ramses II
b. Mentuhotep II
e. Cleopatra VII
2. What Egyptian dynasty is generally considered to be the start of the Middle Kingdom?
3. True or False: The peak of the Middle Kingdom occurred during the Twelfth Dynasty.
4. In what way was writing used for the first time during the Middle Kingdom?
a. As entertainment
b. To record religious philosophies
c. To write stories
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
5. What do we call an Egyptian sculpture that is made from a single piece of rock and shows a person squatting with their arms on their knees?
e. Block Statue
6. The Middle Kingdom is considered one of the three peak time periods in the history of Ancient Egypt.
7. What group of people ruled northern Egypt during the 2nd Intermediate Period?
8. What was the capital city of Egypt during the Middle Kingdom period?
9. True or False: During the Middle Kingdom, Egypt was split into the north and south with two different Pharaohs.
10. What do historians call the time period that occurred right after the Middle Kingdom?
a. Next Period
b. New Kingdom
c. Second Intermediate Period
d. Late Period
e. Ottoman Period
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Ancient Egypt - Middle Kingdom page at /history/ancient_egypt/middle_kingdom.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.