Ancient Egypt - Hieroglyphic Examples
1. What does a symbol represent in Egyptian hieroglyphics?
e. All of the above
2. What is another name for a symbol that represents a word?
3. What is another name for a symbol that represents a concept?
4. What number does a single line represent in Egyptian hieroglyphics?
d. One hundred
e. One thousand
5. What symbol represents the number 10,000?
a. A straight line
b. A heal bone
c. A bent finger
d. A frog
e. The god Heh
6. True or False: Symbols could have different meanings depending on how they were used.
7. What are phonograms?
a. Symbols that represent a sound
b. Symbols that represent a concept
c. Symbols that represent a number
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
8. What symbol was used in Egyptian hieroglyphics to make a word plural?
a. The letter 'S'
b. A picture of a man
c. A picture of the sun
d. Three lines
e. Two diagonal lines
9. What symbol was used to represent addition in math?
a. The plus sign '+'
b. A frog
c. Legs walking
d. A bird
e. A snake
10. What did the Ancient Egyptians call their writing?
b. The language of the gods
c. The words of man
d. Wall art
e. Confusing Symbols
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Ancient Egypt - Hieroglyphic Examples page at /history/ancient_egypt/hieroglyphics_examples_alphabet.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.