American Revolution - Battle of Guilford Courthouse
1. In what state did the Battle of Guilford Courthouse take place?
b. South Carolina
e. North Carolina
2. Who won the Battle of Guilford Courthouse?
3. Around how many soldiers did the Americans have at the battle?
4. Around how many soldiers did the British have at the battle?
5. Who was the main commander of the American forces at the Battle of Guilford Courthouse?
a. George Washington
b. Daniel Morgan
c. Horatio Gates
d. Nathanael Greene
e. Marquis de Lafayette
6. True or False: The Battle of Guilford Courthouse lasted almost three weeks.
7. What British general had his horse shot out from under him during the battle?
a. Benedict Arnold
b. William Howe
c. George Cornwallis
d. John Burgoyne
e. Banastre Tarlington
8. Which of the following best describes General Nathanael Greene's military strategy in the South?
a. To destroy the British army in one big battle
b. To avoid fighting at all costs
c. To overwhelm the British with superior numbers
d. To wear down the British a bit at a time
e. To negotiate a peaceful surrender
9. True or False: The large losses of the British Army during the battle helped the Americans to eventually win the war.
10. Where did Cornwallis march his army after the battle?
a. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
b. Boston, Massachusetts
c. Yorktown, Virginia
d. New York, New York
e. Princeton, New Jersey
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the American Revolution - Battle of Guilford Courthouse page at /history/american_revolution/battle_of_guilford_court_house.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.