American Revolution - Battle of Cowpens
1. In what state did the Battle of Cowpens take place?
b. New York
e. South Carolina
2. Who was the leader of the American forces at the Battle of Cowpens?
a. George Washington
b. Daniel Morgan
c. Horatio Gates
d. Nathanael Greene
e. Marquis de Lafayette
3. How many lines of soldiers did the Americans use in their battle tactics?
4. Who made up the first line of American soldiers in the battle?
5. What did the first two lines of the American forces do after they attacked?
b. Held their ground
c. Charged the enemy
d. None of the above
6. What year did the Battle of Cowpens take place?
7. Who won the Battle of Cowpens?
8. Who was in command of the British army at the battle?
a. Benedict Arnold
b. William Howe
c. Henry Clinton
d. John Burgoyne
e. Banastre Tarlington
9. Around how long did the battle last?
a. 1 hour
b. 6 hours
c. 1 day
d. 2 days
e. 1 week
10. True or False: The Battle of Cowpens was a turning point in the war and gave the Americans confidence they could win.
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the American Revolution - Battle of Cowpens page at /history/american_revolution/battle_of_cowpens.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.