Assassination of Abraham Lincoln
1. Where was Abraham Lincoln assassinated?
a. The White House
b. The Oval Office
c. The Ford Theatre
d. The National Museum
e. While traveling on a train
2. Who killed Abraham Lincoln?
a. John Wilkes Booth
b. Robert E. Lee
c. Jefferson Davis
d. Lee Harvey Oswald
e. Andrew Johnson
3. Who were the two other politicians who were also supposed to be assassinated at the same time as Lincoln?
a. Jefferson Davis and Andrew Johnson
b. Andrew Johnson and William Seward
c. William Seward and James Buchanan
d. James Buchanan and John Henry
e. Ulysses S. Grant and Andrew Johnson
4. What happened to John Wilkes Booth?
a. He escaped and was never heard from again.
b. He was captured outside the theatre and was put in jail for life.
c. He eluded the law for over a year and then turned himself in.
d. He was killed in a shootout with soldiers just south of Washington D.C.
e. He was caught and executed for treason.
5. What was the name of the play that Lincoln and his wife Mary Todd were attending when he was shot?
a. My Fair Lady
b. The Sound of Music
c. The Tragedy of Man
d. The Black Pearl
e. Our American Cousin
6. What was the date of Lincoln`s death?
a. April 2, 1861
b. April 15, 1865
c. May 7, 1866
d. August 4, 1865
e. May 15, 1864
7. Which of the following statements is true about Lincoln`s assassination?
a. After Booth shot Lincoln, he jumped from the presidential box and broke his leg.
b. Major Henry Rathbone tried to stop Booth, but Booth stabbed him with a knife.
c. Booth shouted out the Virginia state motto while standing on the stage of the theatre.
d. All of the above.
e. None of the above.
8. True or False: John Wilkes Booth was part of a conspiracy to kill three U.S. politicians including President Abraham Lincoln, the Vice President, and the Secretary of State.
9. What is thought to be the reason that Booth killed Lincoln?
a. He wanted Vice President Andrew Johnson to become president.
b. He was paid a bunch of money by rich people from the Confederacy.
c. He felt that the Confederacy was losing the war and that killing Lincoln would help the South.
d. He didn`t like Lincoln`s stovepipe hat or his beard.
10. Where did Lincoln die?
a. He was carried to a boarding house across the street where he died the next day.
b. He was carried back to the White House where he died in his bed.
c. He died in the Presidential Box at the Ford Theatre immediately after he was shot.
d. He was rushed to Washington Hospital where he died during surgery.
e. He died on the way to the hospital.
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Assassination of Abraham Lincoln page at /history/abraham_lincoln_assassinated.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.