1. Zachary Taylor was the _______ President of the United States.
2. Who was Zachary Taylor's wife?
a. He never married
b. Sarah Childress
c. Margaret Mackall Smith
d. Abigail Powers
e. Jane Means Appleton
3. Who was the Vice President of the United States under Zachary Taylor?
a. William Rufus De Vane King
b. John Cabell Breckinridge
c. George Dallas
d. Millard Fillmore
4. What was Zachary Taylor's nickname?
a. Last of the Whigs
b. Handsome Frank
c. Ten-Cent Jimmy
d. Young Hickory
e. Old Rough-and-Ready
5. Where was Zachary Taylor born?
d. New York
e. North Carolina
6. What was Zachary Taylor's occupation before he became President of the United States?
7. During what war did Zachary Taylor become famous as a United States war hero?
a. War of 1812
b. Mexican-American War
c. French Revolution
d. American Civil War
e. Spanish-American War
8. What elected political office did Zachary Taylor hold before becoming president?
b. Member of the House of Representatives
c. Vice President
d. Secretary of State
9. What was Zachary Taylor's stance on slavery?
a. He thought it should be legal in all states
b. He thought it should illegal in all states
c. He thought it should be legal in new states in the west
d. He thought it should be illegal in new states in the west
e. He had no opinion on the subject
10. How did Zachary Taylor die?
a. He caught a cold during his inauguration
b. He was assassinated
c. He was shot in battle
d. He ate a contaminated snack of buttermilk and cherries
e. He died of old age in his home in Virginia
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Zachary Taylor page at www.ducksters.com/biography/uspresidents/zacharytaylor.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.