1. William McKinley was the _______ President of the United States.
2. Who was William McKinley's wife?
a. Ellen Lewis Herndon
b. Frances Folsom
c. Caroline Lavinia Scott
d. Ida Saxton
e. Edith Kermit Carow
3. Who was the Vice President of the United States under William McKinley?
a. Garret Hobart and Theodore Roosevelt
b. Charles Warren Fairbanks
c. Thomas Hendricks and Adlai Stevenson
d. Levi Morton
4. What was President William McKinley's nickname?
a. Idol of Ohio
b. Trust Buster
c. Elegant Arthur
d. Uncle Jumbo
e. Little Ben
5. Where was President William McKinley born?
b. New York
e. New Jersey
6. What job did William McKinley have before he became President of the United States?
b. Member of the House of Representatives
c. Major in the Union Army
d. Governor of Ohio
e. All of the above
7. What war was the United States involved in while William McKinley was president?
a. War of 1812
b. Spanish-American War
c. French Revolution
d. Mexican-American War
e. American Civil War
8. How did President William McKinley die?
a. From a fatal kidney disease
b. He was assassinated
c. He caught a cold during his inauguration
d. He was shot in battle
e. He ate a contaminated snack of buttermilk and cherries
9. Who became President of the United States after William McKinley died?
a. Benjamin Harrison
b. Grover Cleveland
c. Theodore Roosevelt
d. William Taft
e. Woodrow Wilson
10. What land did the United States gain as a result of winning the Spanish-American War?
c. Puerto Rico
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the William McKinley page at www.ducksters.com/biography/uspresidents/williammckinley.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.