1. James Garfield was the _______ President of the United States.
2. Who was James Garfield's wife?
a. Lucretia Rudolph
b. Mary Todd
c. Eliza McCardle
d. Julia Dent
e. Lucy Ware Webb
3. Who was the Vice President of the United States under James Garfield?
a. William Wheeler
b. Chester A. Arthur
c. Hannibal Hamlin and Andrew Johnson
d. Schuyler Colfax and Henry Wilson
4. What was President James Garfield 's nickname?
a. Unconditional Surrender
b. His Fraudulency
c. Preacher President
d. Honest Abe
e. The Veto President
5. Where was President James Garfield born?
a. North Carolina
b. New York
6. During what war was James Garfield a major general in the U.S. Army?
a. War of 1812
b. American Civil War
c. French Revolution
d. Mexican-American War
e. Spanish-American War
7. What president asked James Garfield to leave the army and become a member of Congress?
a. Rutherford B. Hayes
b. Ulysses S. Grant
c. Andrew Johnson
d. James Buchanan
e. Abraham Lincoln
8. What famous inventor of the telephone tried to find the bullet in James Garfield using a metal detector?
a. Albert Einstein
b. Eli Whitney
c. Alexander Graham Bell
d. Henry Ford
e. Thomas Edison
9. What kind of house did President James Garfield grow up in?
b. Log cabin
c. Cape cod
e. Georgian colonial
10. How did President James Garfield die?
a. He was shot in a train station
b. He caught a cold during his inauguration
c. He was shot in battle
d. He ate a contaminated snack of buttermilk and cherries
e. He died of old age in his home in Ohio
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the James Garfield page at www.ducksters.com/biography/uspresidents/jamesagarfield.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.