Harry S. Truman
1. Harry S. Truman was the _______ President of the United States.
2. Who was Harry S. Truman's wife?
a. Claudia Taylor
b. Anna Eleanor Roosevelt
c. Elizabeth Virginia Wallace
d. Mamie Geneva Doud
e. Jacqueline Lee Bouvier
3. Who was the Vice President of the United States under Harry S. Truman?
a. Lyndon Johnson
b. Hubert Humphrey
c. John Nance Garner, Henry Agard Wallace, and Harry Truman
d. Alben William Barkley
e. Richard Nixon
4. What was President Harry S. Truman's nickname?
e. Give 'Em Hell Harry
5. Where was President Harry S. Truman born?
e. New York
6. What job did Harry S. Truman have before he entered politics?
b. Railroad timekeeper
d. Clothing store owner
e. All of the above
7. What war did Harry S. Truman fight in as an artillery captain?
a. World War II
b. Korean War
c. World War I
d. Cold War
e. Spanish-American War
8. Harry S. Truman first became president when what President of the United States died?
a. Calvin Coolidge
b. Herbert Hoover
c. Dwight D. Eisenhower
d. Franklin D. Roosevelt
e. John F. Kennedy
9. What did President Harry Truman do to bring World War II to an end in Japan?
a. Negotiated a peace treaty with Japan
b. Dropped two atomic bombs on Japan
c. Ordered a massive ground attack on Japan
d. Had the Emperor of Japan assassinated
e. Invaded China
10. What was the name of the plan that helped the European nations recover from World War II?
a. Truman Plan
b. Roosevelt Plan
c. Hoover Plan
d. Barkley Plan
e. Marshall Plan
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Harry S. Truman page at www.ducksters.com/biography/uspresidents/harrystruman.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.