1. George Washington was the _______ President of the United States.
2. Who was George Washington's wife?
a. Martha Dandridge
b. Abigail Smith
c. Martha Wayles Skelton
d. Dolly Payne Todd
e. Elizabeth Kortright
3. Who was the Vice President of the United States under George Washington?
a. George Clinton
b. Thomas Jefferson
c. Aaron Burr
d. John Adams
e. Daniel Tompkins
4. What was George Washington's nickname?
a. Father of American Independence
b. Father of the Declaration of Independence
c. Father of the Constitution
d. The Era of Good Feelings President
e. Father of His Country
5. Where was George Washington born?
a. North Carolina
d. New York
6. In what war did George Washington serve as an officer in the Virginia Militia?
a. War of 1812
b. King William's War
c. French and Indian War
d. Pontiac's Rebellion
e. American Civil War
7. What was the name of the army that George Washington commanded during the Revolutionary War?
a. Constitutional Army
b. Revolutionary Army
c. Declaration Army
d. Continental Army
e. Congressional Army
8. What river did George Washington cross on Christmas to defeat the British?
a. Hudson River
b. Mississippi River
c. Ohio River
d. Allegheny River
e. Delaware River
9. Where did the British surrender to George Washington at the end of the Revolutionary War?
e. Bunker Hill
10. How many terms did George Washington serve as President of the United States?
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the George Washington page at www.ducksters.com/biography/uspresidents/georgewashington.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.