Queen Elizabeth I
1. Where was Queen Elizabeth I born?
2. Who was Queen Elizabeth I's father?
a. Henry VIII
b. George III
c. Richard I
d. Louis XIV
e. Charles I
3. What happened to Queen Elizabeth's mother Queen Anne Boleyn?
a. She died in a horse carriage accident
b. She died from the plague
c. She fled to France and was never heard from again
d. She was put to death for high treason
e. She divorced the king and moved to Germany
4. What sibling of Queen Elizabeth I had her thrown into prison for being Protestant?
a. King Edward VI
b. Henry Fitzroy
c. Queen Mary I
d. Duke Henry of Cornwall
e. None of the above
5. What was the Privy Council?
a. The judicial branch of government
b. A group of lords from foreign countries
c. A rebel group that tried to overthrow the queen
d. A small group of women related to the queen
e. A group of advisors for the queen
6. True or False: There were many assassination attempts on Queen Elizabeth I including several by her cousin Queen Mary of Scots.
7. Around how long did Queen Elizabeth I rule England?
a. 2 years
b. 8 years
c. 20 years
d. 44 years
e. 62 years
8. What European power sent a large armada of warships against England during the reign of Queen Elizabeth I?
9. What English playwright became famous during the Elizabethan Age?
a. Arthur Miller
b. Oscar Wilde
c. George Shaw
d. Samuel Beckett
e. William Shakespeare
10. What nickname is commonly used to refer to Queen Elizabeth I?
a. The Most Beautiful
b. The Navigator
c. The Virgin Queen
d. Grandmother of Europe
e. Mrs. Brown
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Queen Elizabeth I page at www.ducksters.com/biography/women_leaders/queen_elizabeth_1.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.