1. In what country was Francisco Pizarro born?
2. When was Francisco Pizarro born?
3. What is Francisco Pizarro most known for?
a. Exploring the South Pacific
b. Exploring the Louisiana Territory and the Pacific Northwest
c. Conquering the Inca Empire
d. First European to sail from Europe to India by going around Africa
e. Led the first expedition to circumnavigate the globe
4. What job did Francisco Pizarro have for many years in Spain while growing up?
b. Pig herder
d. Blacksmith apprentice
5. Where did Pizarro live for many years after first moving to the New World?
6. What explorer did Pizarro join in an expedition across the Isthmus of Panama?
a. Hernan Cortes
b. Ferdinand Magellan
c. Marco Polo
d. Vasco de Balboa
e. Juan Ponce de Leon
7. What advantages did Pizarro have over the Inca?
c. Iron weapons
e. All of the above
8. What weakened the Inca and made them easier for Pizarro to conquer?
a. Diseases such as smallpox
b. Poor diet
d. They had recently been attacked by the Aztec
e. The hot summer weather
9. What city did Francisco Pizarro establish as the new capital of Peru?
10. How did Francisco Pizarro die?
a. He was killed in a battle against the Inca
b. He fell off a cliff in the Andes Mountains
c. He was assassinated by his partner's men
d. He was poisoned by one of his soldiers
e. He died of old age in Spain
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Francisco Pizarro page at www.ducksters.com/biography/explorers/francisco_pizarro.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.